Best hidden object game?

Best hidden object game?

Postby OlegKuznetsov » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Which hidden object game do you like most of all? And why?
OlegKuznetsov

Re: Best hidden object game?

Postby oreo3030 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:22 pm

The Mystery Case Files especially the last Madame Fate.
    *The hidden objects are not so small that I get eye strain trying to find them.
    *The morphing items are innovative and fun to find.
    *The game has a story that intrigues and compels.
    *The characters and scenes are varied with excellent graphics but integrated into the story.
    *The minigames and major puzzles are cleverly done and hard enough to make us work.
    *The ending satisfies yet invokes a whole new episode to come.
oreo3030

Postby CSR » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm

I can't describe it better than oreo. Madame Fate is the best.

Miss Tery Tale's hidden objects are hard to find. They fit perfectly into the background of the scenes. I liked that challenge, but the story was awful imho.

One of those games that were made with the slogan "I can create a Hidden Object Game, too" is "Greatest Secrets: Da Vinci". The different scenes did not fit to the story at all. Searching for the objects made no sense and was easily accomplished. I got bored before the trial version ran out.
Bienheureux celui qui a appris à rire de lui-même: il n'a pas fini de s'amuser!

Auch beim Lachen kann das Herz trauern, und nach der Freude kommt Leid. Spr. 14,13
CSR

Postby Tracy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:29 pm

I don't think I've ever played a "hidden objects game". What do you you, just look for hidden objects?
Tracy

Postby CSR » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:56 pm

Yes, you have to find a certain amount of objects within a given period of time at one location. Most objects are hidden well. You won't see them even if you are focusing them. And that is the most fascinating fact of those hidden object games for me. Every time when I am stressed and had a lot to do, I love to relax and play a hidden object game. But I have to say that I do not purchase such a game. I just have two of them (Mystery Case files). When you have played a game several times at a specific location you know the hideout of most of the objects by heart. Thus you don't spend much time playing such a game. You want more and you are going to download the next game of this genre. And that is the secret of sucess of the hidden object games imho.
But you don't have only to find objects: Sometimes you have to play some kind of mini game, e.g. pairs or the tower of hanoi. But that depends on the quality of the game.

Tracy, download "Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate", "Great Secrets Da Vinci" and "Lucky Clover". Play them all and you will see.
Lucky Clovers seems to be made for children, but nevertheless I HATE it. It is too Irish, in no way challenging and the dwarf's voice and behaviour is tedious. :x
Bienheureux celui qui a appris à rire de lui-même: il n'a pas fini de s'amuser!

Auch beim Lachen kann das Herz trauern, und nach der Freude kommt Leid. Spr. 14,13
CSR

Postby Pinky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:09 am

I loved all of the MCF but Ravenhearst was my favourite, not because of finding the Hidden objects, but I loved the door puzzles, they really put the brain to work , and with my eyesight finding wrenches and beetles isn't easy, I cannot find my own door keys in my own house :D and the story was just enchanting ... I wanted to be able to google "them" and see what happened
I loved Death on the Nile by oberon games because of the story and the who done it feature
and I have just recently tested a game from gamezebo called The lost case of Sherlock Holmes, which was a beta test but a great game, the graphics crisp , clear and the story gripping, also it alternates to a spot the difference round , and a logic puzle which are good , it also has the memory card puzzles which IMO are over used now and apart from that the only Other problem was that Sherlock would Never spell Theatre , as theater, so it lost a lot of authenticity for that Boob lol
worst ones have to be the Mysteryville ones, the graphics are unclear and it repetitive at times as are the wedding ones they bore me :?
thats my Opinion

I iked some of the 360 degree games , Paris , Rome ,London but they made me dizzy so I couldn't play for hours at a time :ugeek: yup I do play for hours if I can on most games
Patience is a virtue.. Luck is a blessing
Pinky

Postby Raine » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:54 am

I like MCF a lot, even though they are getting increasingly dark. Definitely the best combination of seek-and-find and logic puzzles. But limited replayabilty.
I agree this is probably the best series.

I also like the two Hidden Expedition games.

Big City Adventures series is OK. Very colorful. However, I drive myself crazy trying to spot all the items before I click on any for maximum points.

I loathe Count of Monte Christo. Ick. Hated the icky guillotine scene, and the stupid-get-rid-of-all-the-crystals (with no undo button) mini-game was frustrating, not fun.

The Jack-the-Ripper mystery one was OK, once, but I can't see ever playing it again. Limited replayabilty.

Dream Day series is cute, but not addictive.

I like seek-and-finds that are either 1) sufficiently long & complex or 2) give you an incentive to replay.
Some of the recent releases seem to be very short.

My advice: Create an original game / story line, and don't use a TV show or novel as a basis.
Raine

Postby dilligaf » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:35 am

I used to love the hidden object games but find they are getting rather "same-ish" now. MCF is definately the best and the Mystery in Paris/Rome/London series are unique in their 360O vision (and yes Pinky it makes me dizzy too lol :? ). Don't you find, though, that the objects seem to be getting smaller and the rooms darker?

I wish someone would come up with something a little bit different. Perhaps fewer objects to find but more to do with them, e.g find a bucket, find a tap and fill the bucket with water, find an empty bottle, fill the bottle with water etc. That would add a little more interest than simply searching for butterflies, flashlights, shoes etc.

Oh, and one more thing before I step off me soapbox :roll: - I'm sure the minigames could be more interesting than jigsaw puzzles and matching pairs!

Oh well back to my game. Yes..... it's a seek and find!!! :lol: :P ;)
dilligaf

Postby Pinky » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:37 am

I agree , I am sick and tired of searching for guns? bullets? beetles? frogs? wrenches .. unless I need them (Terry Prachett would find a use for frogs I know I played Disc World ) .. oh and the one that I hate most is ........................................................... finding a ..........................spider ,, ew i really don't want to find him :roll: and why should I .... I hate finding keys too as I posted .. I cannot find my own house keys most days :D
Patience is a virtue.. Luck is a blessing
Pinky

Postby ILuvChoc » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:52 pm

I enjoy hidden objects games the following have been my favourites to date:
Little Shop Of Treasures
Big City Adventures (especially Sydney Australia... seeing as I'm an Aussie)
Mystery Case Files... Madame Fate
Haunted Hotel
Dream Day Series

It would be fantastic to see you produce a hidden objects game, with your track record of success it will be a fantastic game. Keep me in mind for a tester please.
ILuvChoc

Return to Other Games