suggestions for 1.022

Re: suggestions for 1.022

Postby pava » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:15 pm

This is an impassioned plea for both 1.022 and Deluxe:

If the same conditions exist for the 5000-coin exam fee on the last farm, PLEASE make it more like the crab infestation on Hilo Island, with more monsters than we can handle! It took me 41 minutes of non-stop Finish-Start click-click gameplay to earn just 200 coins for this quest. Multiply that by 20 to get the 4000 coins above our starting purse, and it's asking a grueling investment of time. With an average of only 5 monsters per day, only those with no "human" responsibilities or those who go off and do something else while Robin fights alone will make it through.

I think most of us would rather finish the process more quickly. Throw 10 or 20 monsters at us per day. And/or make the yetis worth 2 coins, the ghosts worth 3 coins, and the freeghosts worth 5 coins since killing them requires more poundings than the pests on previous farms. And/or let us find at least one money bag somewhere on the grounds, with 1000 or more coins. All three would be ideal! But anything is better than having to devote nearly 14 hours (do the math - 13:40) on a single exam. I've given three days' playtime to it already and have only 2004 coins, including my original 1000 - very discouraging! :cry:

You know I love the game and want to see new versions succeed. Please give this request serious consideration. (And if you refuse, then please give us the cheat code for the coin count!) ;)

By the way, there are a few dialogue errors, where the wrong version of "its / it's" is used. "It's" is a contraction for "it is," and "its" is the possessive pronoun (no apostrophe). You'd make some of us deliriously happy if that could be fixed in a 1.017 patch and in later games. :)
pava

Postby Raine » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:16 am

pava wrote:
If the same conditions exist for the 5000-coin exam fee on the last farm, PLEASE make it more like the crab infestation on Hilo Island, with more monsters than we can handle! It took me 41 minutes of non-stop Finish-Start click-click gameplay to earn just 200 coins for this quest. Multiply that by 20 to get the 4000 coins above our starting purse, and it's asking a grueling investment of time. With an average of only 5 monsters per day, only those with no "human" responsibilities or those who go off and do something else while Robin fights alone will make it through.

Killing monsters is not the way to raise money on this level. Really. Check out the FAQs about exams in either the Support or FAQ forum, or download the Users Guide.

The level shouldn't probably shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Probably less. I haven't timed it, but it is not that hard once you know the trick.

ps. You should get the latest version 1.026
Raine

Postby pava » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:03 pm

Thanks, Raine. Since there was nothing in the Announcements section about a new version, I didn't know it was out. As for the Exam Fee, the real solution comes from knowledge I hadn't picked up while playing to this point - very clever indeed.

One note: I downloaded your Unofficial Guide and extracted it. When I opened the file, the left window pane had the outline, but the right pane where explanations should have been had an error message that the page couldn't be found. Whether it's my PC or some other problem, I can't say. I wanted to report it either way.
pava

Postby CSR » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:49 pm

pava wrote:One note: I downloaded your Unofficial Guide and extracted it. When I opened the file, the left window pane had the outline, but the right pane where explanations should have been had an error message that the page couldn't be found. Whether it's my PC or some other problem, I can't say. I wanted to report it either way.

Pava,
please read the complete topic about the unofficial guide. The last comment lists all error messages that might occur when one is trying to open the guide.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=151
I suppose that you are running Vista? In this case you can find the solution to your problem in the last paragraph "I can open the guide, but I can't see the right side of the screen. I see "This program cannot display the webpage" message."
It might help to open the guide from within the zip file, too.
A third possibility: On the game's webpage you will find a link to a html version of the guide - suitable to view with your web browser.
Bienheureux celui qui a appris à rire de lui-même: il n'a pas fini de s'amuser!

Auch beim Lachen kann das Herz trauern, und nach der Freude kommt Leid. Spr. 14,13
CSR

Previous

Return to Suggestions